It’s that time of year, when we freelancers look back at what we accomplished and take a minute to feel good about everything instead of being stressed over what comes next. If you’ve read any of these things, thank you. (And if you haven’t, it’s not too late!)
Things I published in 2018
- The Comic Book Story of Baseball, a book-length graphic history of the national pastime
- Halo: Collateral Damage, a 3-issue mini from Dark Horse about the early exploits of the Master Chief and Blue Team
- “Black Friday,” a short story on Tor.com
- “The Atonement Path,” a short story at Lightspeed
- And I wrote the story and dialogues for the new game Marvel Battle Lines, while continuing to write The Walking Dead: Road to Survival and occasional missions for Marvel Puzzle Quest.
Things I finished in 2018 that will appear in 2019
- The Division: Broken Dawn, a novel linking the first and second Division games and expanding the lore beyond New York and Washington DC
- “Isla Tiburon,” a short story in Asimov’s
- A kids’ picture book adaptation of Avengers: Infinity War
- A picture book adventure about Shuri and the Avengers
- More stuff I can’t announce yet
Happy New Year! And thanks again for reading!